For additional information on non-standard boulevard treatments, visit Public Works.
The owner/occupant of property adjacent to a boulevard is responsible for maintaining that portion of the boulevard that is adjacent to the property.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the property owner is responsible for the following boulevard maintenance:
- ensuring grass is no more than 15 cm (6 inches) high
- ensuring other vegetation, other than turf, is no more than 1.0 m (39 inches) high
- controlling noxious weeds (weeding and mowing)
- keeping the boulevard free of garbage
- boulevards beside a regional street
- boulevards flanking properties beside a regional street
- ditches where grass has never been planted
- boulevards at the rear of a property
- extended boulevards – meaning a boulevard that is at least 20 feet wide as measured from the roadway to the sidewalk or property line
- Should you have a concern please contact 311.