Transit bus delays and cancellations possible beginning Monday, Nov 27. Check your bus schedule online before heading out.
Garbage and Litter
Frequently Asked Questions
The property down the street has an accumulation of junk (tree branches, garbage, rubbish, scrap metal, scrap wood, lumber, auto parts, derelict vehicles, tires, renovation or construction debris), what can be done?
- Properties must be maintained and free of any accumulation of junk, litter or debris. To register a complaint, contact the City of Winnipeg at 311.
Who can I call about garbage on the streets, lanes or boulevards?
- Complaints involving the improper disposal of garbage on streets, lanes or boulevards should be forwarded to the the City of Winnipeg by calling 311.
How should I store or contain my garbage for disposal?
- Garbage and recycling carts should be brought onto the property after collection. To register a complaint, contact the City of Winnipeg at 311.
Who can I call about garbage being dumped into my carts?
- If you suspect other people are dumping waste into your garbage or recycling carts, forward your complaints to the City of Winnipeg by calling 311.
How should I store my garbage and recycling carts between collection days?
- For information on storing your garbage and recycling carts, see the Water and Waste Department.
Last update: February 1, 2019