Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Community Services

Posters and Handbills

The City of Winnipeg regulates the distribution, posting and leaving of posters, pamphlets and handbills under the Handbill and Poster By-law

On November 1, 2008, Part 4 (Handbills, Posters and Temporary Signs on Streets) of the Neighbourhood Liveability By-law will replace the Handbill and Poster By-law.

Frequently Asked Questions

Open all | Close all

What are the rules regarding the delivery of handbills or pamphlets?
  • You cannot leave a handbill on residential property if:
    • there is a sign on the property stating something like “No handbills”, “No flyers”, “No trespassing” or “No pedlars or agents”
    • the occupant indicates in some other way that handbills/pamphlets are not wanted
    • the property is vacant
  • You must place handbills/posters on a residential property in a way that they will not be blown by the wind from the place where they were left.
  • You cannot leave a handbill/poster on a vehicle.
Can I put a poster up on private property?
  • Only if you have permission from the owner or occupant of the property.
Who can I call to complain about handbills and posters left on my property?
  • Contact the City of Winnipeg at 311 to register a complaint.
Last update: January 5, 2024

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.