Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links
Community Services


The owner/occupant of a property is responsible for the maintenance of their property, which includes the conditions of the grounds, fence and accessory buildings. For example:

  • noxious weeds must be controlled on a property
  • fences must be maintained in weather resistant condition by application of paint or preservative and kept in good condition
  • properties must be free from any accumulation of dog or animal wastes
  • properties must be maintained so that litter, refuse or other debris do not accumulate so as to be unsightly
  • properties must kept free of derelict vehicles or auto parts
  • accessory buildings must be maintained and be protected with a weather resistant paint or preservative

Frequently Asked Questions

Open all | Close all

What can I do if my neighbour’s grass is very long and full of weeds?
  • All property owners are expected to maintain their property so that grass and noxious weeds are kept shorter than 6 inches. To register a complaint, contact the City at 311
The property down the street has an accumulation of junk (tree branches, garbage, rubbish, scrap metal, scrap wood, lumber, auto parts, derelict vehicles, tires, renovation or construction debris), what can be done?
  • Properties must be maintained and free of any accumulation of junk or debris and not be unsightly. To register a complaint, contact the City at 311
Are unlicensed vehicles allowed to be stored on a property?
Last update: January 5, 2024

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.