Additional activities

Amplified music

You are required to take out a noise permit if you plan to play music through a speaker or have amplified sound at your event.

Playing music at an event may require a special license.


Fireworks are an exciting part of many local celebrations and many renters request to set off fireworks as part of their rental.

Once you complete a park rental, please notify your representative that you wish to conduct a fireworks display as part of your rental. We will put you in touch with the appropriate area technician who will assist you in completing your application through Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service.

Fireworks permits require a minimum 10 business days for processing.

  • The exact location of where the fireworks are going to be discharged must be supplied in order to start the park permitting process.
  • You will be contacted if permission is not granted for the fireworks permit.

The type of permit required depends on the hazard level - low or high - of the fireworks you wish to set off.

Low-hazard fireworks

Low-hazard fireworks permits cover:

  • Fireworks purchased at a local store
  • Any fireworks administered by a non-commercial company

Apply for a consumer fireworks display permit - low hazard

High-hazard fireworks

High-hazard fireworks include:

  • Professional pyrotechnics displays
  • Any fireworks provided and administered by a commercial company

To obtain a high-hazard permit, the person responsible requires accreditation through the Explosive Regulatory Division of Natural Resources Canada, and they must submit a completed permit application for to:

Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service
Fire Prevention Branch
2nd Floor, 185 King St.
Winnipeg, MB R3B 1J1

A park rental permit that is associated with a high-hazard fireworks display is considered tentative and will not be issued until the high-hazard fireworks permit is provided to Park Bookings.

Consumer Fireworks Display Permit & Application Information

Food services

Serving food at an event may require a food handling permit. This is the responsibility of the renter and must be done via the Province of Manitoba's Food Handling Establishment Inspections & Health Permits website.

Inflatable bouncers and tents

Inflatable bouncy toys and tents must come from a commercial company and are only permitted at the following parks:

Additional permits may be required by the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service or Planning, Property and Development and are the responsibility of the booking holder. These include:

  • Special Events Permit (A general guideline for permit approval of special events, temporary tents, large stages, large bleachers, etc.)

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.