Shared Facilities Dwelling Licence
A shared facilities dwelling:
- Is designed for sanitary facilities or cooking facilities to be shared by occupants of three or more dwelling units (whether or not the dwelling units are occupied)
- Applies to sanitary facilities or cooking facilities that are shared by two or more residents of a dwelling unit and that are not operated under a single tenancy
A shared facilities dwelling does not include:
- A facility licensed or otherwise regulated in its provision of accommodations by the Government of Manitoba or the Government of Canada
- A hospital, a sanatorium or a facility designated by regulations under The Mental Health Act
- A personal care home licensed under The Health Services Insurance Act
- A residential care facility licensed under The Social Services Administration Act
- A hostel
- A bed and breakfast establishment
There are several ways to access the shared facilities dwelling licence application form:
- Use this link to access the application form online
- contact Community By-Law Enforcement Services to request an application by mail
- Visit Community By-Law Enforcement Services and pick up the application in person
Upon application, Community By-Law Enforcement Services will coordinate the following:
- Verification from a City employee authorized to administer and enforce the Winnipeg Zoning By-law or the Downtown Winnipeg Zoning By-law that operation of the business on the premises for which the Licence is sought is permitted under one of those two zoning by-laws
- Required by the Winnipeg Building By-law, a copy of an occupancy permit authorizing the business to occupy the premises for which the Licence is sought
See Licence Fees.
Fees are not permitted to be pro-rated or reduced, however, a recent Council approved amendment to the Community Safety Business Licensing By-law now allows annual licences to be taken at any time of the year. Licences are valid for one year from date of purchase.
Application for Multiple Family Dwelling
Community By-Law Enforcement Services
See also Converted Residential Dwellings.
See also Converted Residential Dwelling with Shared Facilities.
Last update: March 9, 2022