National Day for Truth and Reconciliation – Monday, October 2. View holiday hours for City of Winnipeg facilities and services.
Shared Facilities Dwelling Licence
A shared facilities dwelling:
- Is designed for sanitary facilities or cooking facilities to be shared by occupants of three or more dwelling units (whether or not the dwelling units are occupied)
- Applies to sanitary facilities or cooking facilities that are shared by two or more residents of a dwelling unit and that are not operated under a single tenancy
A shared facilities dwelling does not include:
- A facility licensed or otherwise regulated in its provision of accommodations by the Government of Manitoba or the Government of Canada
- A hospital, a sanatorium or a facility designated by regulations under The Mental Health Act
- A personal care home licensed under The Health Services Insurance Act
- A residential care facility licensed under The Social Services Administration Act
- A hostel
- A bed and breakfast establishment
There are several ways to access the shared facilities dwelling licence application form:
- Use this link to access the application form online
- contact Community By-Law Enforcement Services to request an application by mail
- Visit Community By-Law Enforcement Services and pick up the application in person
Upon application, Community By-Law Enforcement Services will coordinate the following:
- Verification from a City employee authorized to administer and enforce the Winnipeg Zoning By-law or the Downtown Winnipeg Zoning By-law that operation of the business on the premises for which the Licence is sought is permitted under one of those two zoning by-laws
- Required by the Winnipeg Building By-law, a copy of an occupancy permit authorizing the business to occupy the premises for which the Licence is sought
See Licence Fees.
Fees are not permitted to be pro-rated or reduced, however, a recent Council approved amendment to the Community Safety Business Licensing By-law now allows annual licences to be taken at any time of the year. Licences are valid for one year from date of purchase.
See also Converted Residential Dwellings.