Flea Market Licence
A Flea Market is:
- Two or more Antique Dealers, Bicycle Dealers, or Used Goods Dealers operating together on a single property, and whose operating hours are limited to weekends and holidays
There are several ways to access the Flea Market licence application form:
- Use this link to access the application form on-line.
- contact Community By-Law Enforcement Services to request an application by mail.
- Visit Community By-Law Enforcement Services and pick up the application in person.
Upon application, Community By-Law Enforcement Services will coordinate the following:
- Verification from a City employee authorized to administer and enforce the Winnipeg Zoning By-law or the Downtown Winnipeg Zoning By-law that operation of the business on the premises for which the Licence is sought is permitted under one of those two zoning by-laws
- An occupancy permit authorizing the proposed business to occupy the premises for which the Licence is sought
- Verification from the Fire Paramedic Chief or delegate that the operation of the business on the proposed premises meets the requirements of the Fire Prevention By-law, the Manitoba Fire Code and other regulatory requirements relating to fire safety
- Certificate of Record Review Board from Winnipeg Police Service
See Licence Fees.
Fees are not permitted to be pro-rated or reduced, however, a recent Council approved amendment to the Community Safety Business Licensing By-law now allows annual licences to be taken at any time of the year. Licences are valid for one year from date of purchase.
Application for Business Licence
Community By-Law Enforcement Services
See also Antique Dealer
See also Auctioneer
See also Bicycle Dealer
See also Precious Metals Dealer
Applicants may be required to provide suitable identification.
Last update: March 9, 2022