Commercial permit resources
The Zoning & Permits office does not accept walk-in customers and permit applications can be submitted digitally. If you have any questions, call Permits Direct Line at 204-986-5140.
Le bureau du zonage et des permis ne prend pas la clientèle qui se présente sur les lieux, et les demandes de permis peuvent être soumises de façon numérique. Pour toute question, appelez la ligne directe des permis au 204-986-5140.
Review the development and building permit process to help navigate application requirements.
- Construct new and/or additions – part 3 buildings (building design summary)
- Construct new and/or additions – part 9 buildings
- Interior and/or exterior alterations and change of use – part 3/9 buildings (commercial alteration design summary)
- Optional professional certificate program (OPCP)
- Demolition/removal building permit application form
- Other documents
- Architectural design summary
- Structural design summary
- Mechanical design summary
- Mechanical design summary - shell only
- Electrical design summary
- Manitoba energy code for buildings declaration
- Owner statement
- Required professional designer's certificate
- Declaration form for building permit application
- The fire risk indices for the application to the rehabilitation and re-use of existing buildings in Manitoba for residential and business and personal services occupancies.
Combined development/building permits
- Signs - development and/or building permit application form
- Signs – development and building permit sample drawings
- Letter of authorization - digital signs
- Free-standing signs - structural requirements
- Emergency residential shelters - development and/or building permit application form
- Special events and temporary use – development and/or building permit application form
- Other documents
- Wording for professional certification Letters:
- Final occupancy
- Interim occupancy
- No occupancy
- Required wording for the final Manitoba Energy Code for Buildings (MECB) certificate of compliance
- Encroachment application
- Temporary patios (registration program)
Note: Confirm addressing requirements for any new construction by emailing PropertyAddressing@winnipeg.ca
Please contact us.