Site Accessibility Information Access Key 1 to Skip to Top Navigation Access Key 2 to Skip to the Three One One link Access Key 3 to Skip to City of Winnipeg Main Menu Access Key 4 to Skip to Left Navigation Menu Access Key 5 to Skip to Content area Access Key 6 to Skip to Right Sidebar content area Access Key 7 to Skip to Footer Links

Braille, Wheelchair, Large Print, and Sign Language

Accessibility Services
Provided Upon Request

Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service



Fire Prevention By-Law No. 35/2017

Qualified Service Person Fire Extinguisher License Application


Consumer Fireworks Display Permit & Application Information - low hazard

Open Air Fire Permit Information

Keyed Lock Box Program
Volunteer Lock Box Program information. How does the program help you? How does the lock box program work?

Smoke Alarms in Rental Units
Do I need a smoke alarm? What smoke alarms are acceptable? Who is responsible to install a smoke alarm? How many smoke alarms are required? Preventing false alarms. Repeated smoke alarm false alarms. Battery-powered smoke alarms not permitted to replace a hard-wired smoke alarm. Can a smoke alarm be removed? Tenant obligations. Landlord obligations.

General information - Inspection and Re-Inspection Fees
Residential care facilities. Requested inspections. Re-inspections of previously-inspected occupancies. Post fire inspections. Fireworks site inspections. After hours inspections. Miscellaneous fees. Inspection fee schedule.

Occupant Load Information
Information on the occupancies that require occupant loads to be posted and the process to establish occupant loads in these types of occupancies.

Open-Air Fire Permit Information
Regulated under Liveability Bylaw. Permits are issued at Fire Prevention Branch. Payment information. Bonfire requirements. Agricultural by-product burning requirements. Burning brush, tree limbs, and prunings or disposal of wood requirements. Religious or ceremonial fire information. Warming fire information.

Consumer Fireworks (Display Permit Application and Information)
Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service Station locations. Permit requirements. Permit cost. Minimum age to obtain permit. Site inspection details. Permit requirements outside of Winnipeg boundaries. Clearance requirements. Fireworks minimum age purchasing. Locations to set off fireworks, if not the property owner. Preparing site for display. Information required to complete permit application. Locations to obtain fireworks permits.

Fireworks Distribution and Sales
Permit requirement details. Different types of fireworks distribution permits. Fireworks sales details. Displaying of fireworks for public sale.

General Information - Label Requirements for Fire Protection and Life Safety Systems
Which systems require labels. Label information details. Additional label requirements. Who can service systems and equipment? Qualification requirement details. Identifying licensed service person. Fire alarm system not operable. Preventing building from evacuation.

Hot Works
Important facts. Introduction and definitions. Hot works equipment. Compressed gas equipment. Location of hot works. Work on piping, equipment, or containers. Fire watch details. Additional measures. Gas cylinder and equipment precautions.

Renovations of Occupied High Rise Residential Buildings
Introduction. Fire Safety Plan. Hot works. Fire protection systems. Exits, corridors, and stairways. Storage. Workplace, Safety and Health.

Last update: September 15, 2022

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.