Winnipeg’s City Clerk wins the 2019 Quill Award

Marc Lemoine only the 6th Canadian clerk to receive the international award

August 19, 2019

 Marc Lemoine is presented the Quill Award by Stephanie Kelly, City Clerk of Charlotte, North Carolina.

Marc Lemoine is presented the Quill Award by Stephanie Kelly, City Clerk of Charlotte, North Carolina.

When Marc Lemoine won the 2019 Quill Award, he became only the sixth Canadian clerk to receive the prestigious recognition in the 32 years it has been given out.

The Quill is awarded by the International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC) and recognizes members who have made significant and exemplary contributions to their community as well as IIMC.

Lemoine became Winnipeg’s City Clerk in 2018 and previously served as Deputy City Clerk for more than a decade.

“This is a well-deserved and tremendous honour for Marc,” said Mike Ruta, the City of Winnipeg’s Interim Chief Administrative Officer.

Lemoine is currently the chair of the IIMC’S International Relations Committee and had also been the organization’s past president.

“The IIMC has helped me to serve the citizens of Winnipeg better in all areas of our service delivery, including the decision making process, elections, and archives through ongoing education and exposure to the latest trends in the Clerking profession,” said Lemoine.

Under Lemoine’s direction, the City Clerk’s Department is continuing to incorporate technology to improve processes at City Hall. During the 2018 Municipal Election, the department piloted the use of iPads at the advance voting locations to make the process more efficient.

E-government systems such as online agendas, minutes and video recordings of Council and committee meetings are also used, and Electronic Data Records Management Systems have been established.

The IIMC is a non-profit organization with more than 10,000 City Clerk’s from 16 countries as members. Members represent municipalities with populations ranging between 1,000 to 8 million.

Celebrating City Employees

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.