Now is your chance to serve on a Board or Commission

Applications for vacancies accepted until Oct. 16, 2020.

September 8, 2020

Winnipeg City Hall

Are you passionate about the arts? Interested in local museums? Do you want to make a positive impact on Winnipeg? If you answered yes to any of those questions, consider applying for one of the City’s Boards and Commissions.

Serving on a Board or Commission is one way to play an active role in your community and assist in making meaningful decisions.  

Applications are now being accepted for vacancies on 17 various Boards and Commissions as part of an annual selection process. Canadian residents who live in Winnipeg and are entitled to vote in the municipal election can apply.

Desk and chairs in meeting room
Meeting frequency ranges depending on the Board or Commission.

Volunteer terms vary from one to three years depending on the Board or Commission and meeting frequency ranges. The Board of Adjustment and the Board of Revision also offers remuneration.

The deadline to apply is Friday, October 16, 2020 with the successful candidates appointed by City Council on or before its meeting in January, 2021.  Contact 311 for more information.

The following Boards and Commissions are looking to fill vacancies in 2020:

Other City Information

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.