City Recreation Technician receives prestigious Prairie Crocus Award from Recreation Manitoba

Sharon Arsenault manages community programming and Sergeant Tommy Prince Place

June 30, 2022

Sharon Arsenault (right) receives the Prairie Crocus Award from Manitoba Recreation.
Sharon Arsenault (right) receives the Prairie Crocus Award from Manitoba Recreation.

For nearly 35 years, Sharon Arsenault has been dedicated to making recreation opportunities accessible to everyone in the community as part of our Recreation Services team. It’s one of the many reasons she recently received the 2022 Prairie Crocus Award, the most prestigious award from Recreation Manitoba.

From expanding Youth Action Centre activities and increasing youth participation, to empowering young leaders and her team, Sharon is a familiar face around Sergeant Tommy Prince Place. She has worked at and managed the facility for the past 13 years as well as programs throughout the community

“It’s been so rewarding to see Sergeant Tommy Prince Place become a safe, secure, treasured, and fun space to live, grow, and share,” said Sharon. “We are proud to be a part of creating a renewed family atmosphere where all ages can play together.”

Prairie Crocus Awardhonours a professional who has made a significant contribution to recreation, therapeutic recreation, parks and/or leisure services within the Province of Manitoba.

“We are very proud of Sharon’s accomplishments, and thrilled to have Recreation Manitoba recognize her passion and dedication with this award,” said Jennifer Sarna, Manager of City of Winnipeg Recreation Services. “She has been key to building a strong community connection with various groups and organizations which support a wide range of participants in the Sergeant Tommy Prince Place community.”

In addition to her work with the City, Sharon is also a long-standing volunteer of Recreation Manitoba. She received the award during its 2022 conference held in May.

Celebrating City Employees Libraries, Recreation and Leisure

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.