Now is your chance to serve on a Board or Commission
August 3, 2022
Do you want to make a positive impact on Winnipeg? Consider applying for one of our Boards and Commissions. Serving on a Board or Commission is one way to play an active role in your community and assist in making meaningful decisions.
We encourage people applying to consider self-declaring as part of the application process. This is one way we are working to more accurately reflect the diversity of Winnipeg’s population on our Boards and Commissions.
Last year, eligibility was expanded to include both Canadian citizens and permanent residents. All applicants must be a resident of Winnipeg and 18 years or older on the date of application.
Applications are now being accepted for vacancies on 19 various Boards and Commissions as part of an annual selection process.
Volunteer terms vary from one to three years depending on the Board or Commission and meeting frequency ranges.
The deadline to apply is Friday, October 21, 2022 with the successful candidates appointed by City Council on or before its meeting in January, 2023. Contact 311 for more information.
The following Boards and Commissions are looking to fill vacancies in 2023:
- Board of Revision
- Community Emergency Advisory Program
- General Council of Winnipeg Community Centres
- Historical Buildings and Resources Committee
- Human Rights Committee of Council
- Library Advisory Committees
- Records Committee
- Seven Oaks House Museum Board
- St. Boniface Museum Board
- St. James-Assiniboia Museum Board (Historical Museum Association of St. James-Assiniboia)
- Grant’s Old Mill (St. James Assiniboia Pioneer Association)
- Transcona Historical Museum Board
- Vehicles for Hire Appeal Board
- Winnipeg Arts Council Inc.
- Winnipeg Committee for Safety
- Winnipeg Food Council
- Winnipeg Housing Rehabilitation Corporation
- Winnipeg Police Board
- Winnipeg Public Library Board