Enhanced recycling and garbage services now available through MyUtility

February 25, 2022

Recycling and garbage collection containers.

It’s easier than ever for you to report a missed recycling or garbage collection or schedule a pickup for extra garbage or a large item using MyUtility.

The platform, which replaces MyUtilityBill, was launched earlier this month and features several easy to use self-service options. With MyUtility, you can also set reminders for your collection day and special events, such as our compost giveaway.

“We know residents are busy, so we wanted to make it as easy as possible for them to manage their recycling, garbage, and yard waste collection services,” said Mike Gordichuk, Manager of Solid Waste Services.

You can quickly register for MyUtility with a valid email address, City of Winnipeg utility account, and meter numbers. These can be found on a copy of your City of Winnipeg utility bill. By registering your account for MyUtility, you will also be automatically enrolled in paperless billing.

Recycle Coach will not be updated after February 28, 2022 and users of this app should switch to MyUtility to schedule their collection reminders.

The launch of MyUtility also marks the beginning of a new partnership with Multi-Material Stewardship Manitoba to bring the Recyclepedia to you. The Recyclepedia is a search tool and mobile app that helps you learn where the items you wish to dispose of should go – be it your blue cart, a 4R Winnipeg Depot, a local charity, or your garbage cart.

“The Recyclepedia is available in 13 different languages and includes municipalities from across the province,” said Karen Melnychuk, Executive Director, Multi-Material Stewardship Manitoba. “Our goal for this platform is to reduce confusion about recycling and become the primary source of recycling information for all Manitobans.,” 

You can download the Recyclepedia mobile app on Google Play or the Apple App store.

Homeowner, Renter and Business Information Water and Waste

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.